WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final scholy filled for 2011---Deon Mitchell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Final scholy filled for 2011

The Daily Inside Look at Grassroots and High School Basketball in the Austin/San Antonio Area. Brought to you by Coach Max Ivany, one of the Nation's most well connected and premier evaluators of Boys and Girls Talent for the College Level.

For Pflugerville, Deon Mitchell had 24 points & 6 assists while their best player on this night was 2011 W Cameron Blue who dropped 29 points & 10 rebounds. However, tonight the marathon was won by the Akins duo of Malcolm Canada who scored 34 points, 5 rebounds & 4 assists & Yolonzo Moore 36 points, 4 rebounds & 3 assists. When Canada fouled out in the first 30 seconds of OT, Moore stepped up with 13 of the 15 Akins' points in OT. He was my player of the game.
    Also saw this new pic:
    The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Kid looks great in purple!
      EVER LOYAL.

Comment

Welcome to UNI Deon!
        UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
        iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Deon is averaging 20.0 PPG, 56% FG%, 50% 3FG%, 70% FT, 5.8 APG, 2.0 TO/Game, 3.2 Steals/Game

---------------------------
          Looks like Deon played his 6th game of the year yesterday. Also looks like one of UNI's assistants was at the game.
          Lone Star Invitational-San Antonio, TX There were 8 games yesterday, kicking off the Lone Star Invitational.  Not sure why, but the event ...

I was in the house for this one, and it looks like I caught the game of the day. In a rematch of a game played in Pflugerville a couple of weeks ago, the Panthers got a little revenge over Taft with an overtime win. Taft had control most of the game, and frankly Pflugerville just begged them to take the game. With a 5 point lead and roughly two minutes left in the game Taft chose not spread the floor. Pflugerville clawed back and in overtime got the W.

It was another one of those games where, with three D1 players on the court both teams got up and down not overly interested in playing a lot of D. I was sitting with the Northern Iowa Coach and he remarked that "man, these boys are hoopin' just like an open gym". Deon Mitchell (Northern Iowa) was in foul trouble the entire game and never got in the flow...not until the OT, that is. He hit a step back 3 pointer and then the decisive and one basket where he showed great body control, finishing at the rim. He had 13 points.
          The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Game 7:
            Lone Star Invitational Quarter Finals The Colony 52  San Antonio Clark 49 It was too much Austin Chatman, as The Colony star (Creighton) ...

North Crowley 66 Pflugerville 60
            Pflugerville committed 20 turnovers, many of them unforced and North Crowley rebounded much better as a team. They took a 6 point half time lead and extended it to 20 in a deadly 3rd quarter, coasting to the win. North Crowley G Kyan Anderson (Providence) is super quick. He had 19 points, and he scored them effortlessly. Pflugerville's Deon Mitchell (Northern Iowa) had 20 in the loss.
            Kyan Anderson (l) (Providence) & Deon Mitchell (r) (Northern Iowa) may well cross paths again at the next level.
            That right there is a strong hint at where UNI will be playing in their MTE tourney next season. Can you name the teams and location UNI will be in a tourney with next season?

Comment

What are the chances that Deon is the starting PG for UNI next season as a true freshman? Is the staff counting on him being capable of doing so?

If not, I wonder if we would just have sort of a PG by committee with Sonnen, Johnny, and Morrison, or if maybe Sonnen would be the main PG?
              UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
              iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

I look for Sonnen, Moran, and James to be the starting guards, with the freshmen possibly working their way into the starting lineup. Mitchell will be given a shot to start, but I think Jake likes his freshmen playing minutes off the bench to begin with and then growing from there. Morrison will also be competing for the starting spot and minutes. I think Lyle probably RS from a strength standpoint, but Bohannon's 3 point shooting may be too good to keep a RS off of him. Singleton is physically ready for D1, and Tuttle is TBD. He's probably skilled enough, but it will depend on Buss, Rank, and Pehl's progress over the next several months.

Comment

I was just about to ask, which freshman (true and rs) do you see getting minutes? Next year, we're going to have: (barring transfers, dismissal, or my error)
                  Buss
                  Humpal
                  Martino
                  Syndergaard
                  Lyle
                  Tuttle
                  Bohannon
                  Singleton
                  Mitchell
                  +any walk on frosh

Comment

Returning 6 getting 12+ minutes next year:
                    Moran, Sonnen, James, Rank, Pehl, Koch

Most likely to see minutes as a freshman: Buss
                    Morrison will get some minutes, but how much is TBD.

I see Marvin and Mitchell playing some minutes (again, amount TBD...could be anywhere from 5 to 25!). I'd like to see Bohannon, Tuttle, and Lyle RS b/c they will be that much more effective the following 4 years with added strength and a better grip on their roles on the team. I think Bohannon might be too good of a shooter to keep a RS on him. Tuttle might be too skilled. Lyle will be playing behind some guys that are going to get alot of minutes, so unless he tears it up next Fall, the likelihood is he RS to build strength.

As for the RS from this year besides Buss, I don't expect any of them to garnish minutes in the top 10 rotation. I also don't expect any walk-ons for next year added to the program either. UNI will already have Humpal, Martino, Syndergaard, and Lange. That's a 17 man roster, which is plenty. Those are just my thoughts...

Comment

we need bohannons shooting NOW

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
                        we need bohannons shooting NOW
                        We really didn't need it last night

Comment

The Daily Inside Look at Grassroots and High School Basketball in the Austin/San Antonio Area. Brought to you by Coach Max Ivany, one of the Nation's most well connected and premier evaluators of Boys and Girls Talent for the College Level.

Pflugerville 86 San Antonio Reagan 64
                          This one was a bit of a shock to me as Reagan has as good a talent as anyone in the area. However, they ran into a buzzsaw on the Panthers home court. After exchanging buckets for the first few minutes, Pflugerville upped the pressure and created a couple of turnovers and subsequent 36-28 lead at the half. The 3rd quarter was all Panthers and the rout was on. Deon Mitchell (Northern Iowa) did a masterful job, showing why he's a high level college prospect as he scored an efficient 17 points, together with 9 assists (many which were impressive looks). The rest o fht scoring for P'ville was balanced. Storm Woods had 14, Jamaal Shabazz had 12 & Cameron Blue added 11. Pflugerville was deadly behind the three point line all evening.

Comment

Is Deon ranked in his class or what is his ranking?
                            Originally posted by rockybison
                            You guys suck so bad. Please never let me come back. Ya had 20 yrs by yourself and ya fckd it up. SU rolls in and does it in 4, prolly next year too. Living in a shadow is killn ya.

Comment

(Northern Iowa) a high level college prospect

Doesn't that sound good?!!

Even if they just mean D I, we are recognized.

Comment

Killeen Ellison 74 Pflugerville 71
                                Ellison lost a pool game, but recovered to beat host Pflugerville at the Pflugerville Classic with a decisive 3rd quarter where they outscored the Panthers 20-8. Devonta Brown (Indiana State) had 25 while Jaleel Williams added 19 in the win. It was a nice win for Coach Alberto Jones Ellison Eagles who seem to be hitting their stride. Deon Mitchell (Northern Iowa) had 19 in the loss.

Comment

Working...
                                X