WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Panther Basketball Commitment List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official Panther Basketball Commitment List

Not a comparison, but Juan Dixon plays in the NBA at 165. Again, just comparing weights, not ability. There are many college players with James' size and weight that do just fine. How much do you think AJ Abrams from Texas weighs? And Abrams plays the off-guard at 5'10.
    [email protected]

http://stlhoopsinsider.com/

Comment

And I see that you are loaded at the wing. Are any of those guards walk-ons?
      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by STL HOOPS INSIDER View Post
        Not a comparison, but Juan Dixon plays in the NBA at 165. Again, just comparing weights, not ability. There are many college players with James' size and weight that do just fine. How much do you think AJ Abrams from Texas weighs? And Abrams plays the off-guard at 5'10.
        Clearly that won't be the only deciding factor in redshirt decision. He has a lot of players lined up ahead of him that he will have to show he can outplay to justify not giving him a redshirt. I think people are expecting Moran to play so quickly not necessarily because he is a better player but that he is very talented and plays a position where we lack depth and a true point guard.

It will be interesting to watch how this plays out next fall. I can't wait and it is great to have impact players like these guys coming in next year.
        If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Originally posted by STL HOOPS INSIDER View Post
          And I see that you are loaded at the wing. Are any of those guards walk-ons?
          Just Lundberg who I don't see getting much playing time. I don't recall what Haak's status is or was when he came in but with our limited options at PG he ended up as the backup PG last season.
          If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

So 2 of the 8 guards returning next year are juniors, 2 are possibly walk-ons, and some of them are pg's. Things look good for James in year two, but maybe not so hot for year 1. That's okay.
            [email protected]

Comment

I think weight is over rated. Here is a list of some notable MVC players under 180 lbs. Most of these players have been on a college level weight regiment for at least one full year, which means they were probably 15-20lbs lighter coming out of HS. Also, everyone knows college rosters have a tendency to list players slightly heaver and taller than they really are. I think James will probably RS, but not because he isn't big enough.

Josh Young-Drake 170lbs
              Leonard Houston-Drake 175lbs
              Daniel Ruffin-Bradley 162lbs
              P'Allen Stinnett-Creighton 170lbs
              Josh Dotzler-Creighton 175lbs
              Boo Richardson-Ill State 160lbs
              Matt Braeuer-WSU 159lbs
              Spencer Laurie-MSU 175lbs
              Justin Fuehrmeyer-MSU 165lbs
              Cole Holmstrom-Ind State 170lbs
              Jared Josten-UNI 175lbs
              Darin Granger-Evan 168lbs
              Originally posted by TH1974
              This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

Depends on how the game is officiated.
                [email protected]

Comment

From the 3 videos, what part of his game do you like the most?
                  [email protected]

Comment

I really havent see any part of his game that steps out at me and say ooo my god. I have only seen highlights from one game and thats all.
                    Only person in the dome with a PURPLE shirt from 2005 and a red hat on

GAYEST WORD EVER "TOUCHE"
                    GAYEST THING TO PUT IN A POST "10 CHARACTERS"

Morons of the month from Waterloo

Comment

He Has One Game On Youtube.com Have U Seen That One Yet

Comment

He Had 35pts Against Berkely In The Conference Championship Game And Then Came Back And Had 29pts Agianst Powerhouse Vashon Wolverines!! In Disrtict Championship Game

Comment

Just because he goes off and score 35 and 29 in games doesnt mean me is an automatic started for uni

Comment

Neither Am I, I Was Just Wondering Have You Seen His Best Performances Thats All, I Dont Expect Him To Start But Get Really Good Playing Time

Comment

I have seen his videos on youtube and i was not that overall impressed and i think it would be better for the team if he red shirted next year and could give us 4 years after that.

Comment

are u serious he's got enough talent to get some playing time next year i really dont see him redshirting, why do u think he would redshirt since your so for it

Comment

Working...
                                X