WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coach Jake Settling Into New Role

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach Jake Settling Into New Role

(WCF Courier):
    The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Very well-written article. Coach Jake seems to be a down to earth guy who's just enjoying what he loves to do. He's already been in Cedar Falls for a handful of years, but I think he's going to fit into his new role just fine.
    "10% of life is what happens to you, 90% is how you react to what happens."

Comment

It also provides some hints to a lot of the player related questions asked on this site about next year (i.e. he is looking to play Brooks at SG to a degree). Good stuff all around

Comment

I found it interesting he still wants Brooks to run the point. That should lead to some more nice discussions next year.

Comment

Brooks is the only option, Ahlegbe will not be ready at the beginning of the year and if I have to watch Josten do it, I am going to need mental help!
          #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by bcrawf
            Brooks is the only option, Ahlegbe will not be ready at the beginning of the year and if I have to watch Josten do it, I am going to need mental help!
            We all are going to need mental help when Josten is in the game.
            Coach Whisenhunt 1/18/09. "There was never any complaints about not being named the starter, all he wanted was an opportunity and he took advantage of it. Kurt is probably one of the greatest individuals you'll ever meet. Kurt worked hard on a lot of things that a lot of times older quarterbacks aren't willing to do. That's a credit to his humility and his competitive drive, and the reason that we are here today in great part is what Kurt Warner has done for us."

Comment

I really hope that Coach Jake will consider Mike Williams, Haak at PG and Jostens and Brooks at SG. Just seems that Brooks gets so much more accomplished at the 2, which is his true postion. If brooks gets some 2 time I would not be surprised to see him scoring 15-18ppg. But I guess coach Jake knows more about this than I so...

I also hope that Viet get/stay healthy because he, Travis, and Brooks can be a scary set of shooters to have to guard outside, and really free up EC and Grant.
              GO PANTHERS!!!

Comment

I think the versatility of our team next year will be a huge. We'll be able to go w/ 4 guards as well as have a big frontcourt lineup. If Stout continues to improve his 3-pt shot and Coleman can extend his range just a little bit the pair of them will be a very hard matchup. If brooks can get 10+ shots a game next year I think he will average in double figures easily.

Comment

Originally posted by merkpanthers
                  We all are going to need mental help when Josten is in the game.
                  yeah i agree. Everytime he went into the game it was the same thing. pull the shorts down, whipe the shoes, and run around like it was his job. If he were to step up and be a productive player he would hafto turn down the speed about 50% and play more within his capabilities.

Comment

Working...
                  X