WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Panther Basketball Commitment List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Panther Basketball Commitment List

Guards
    Jevon Lyle 6'2" 175lbs CG Kansas City, MO. (Archbishop O'Hara HS)
    Deon Mitchell 6'1" 180lbs PG Pflugerville, TX (Pflugerville HS)
    Matt Bohannon 6'3" 190lbs SG Marion, IA (Linn-Mar HS)

Forwards
    Marvin Singleton Jr. 6'6" 225lbs CF Hopkins, MN (Hopkins HS)
    Seth Tuttle 6'8" 210lbs Sheffield, IA (West Fork HS)

Center
    Chris Oliveria 6'9" 240lbs C Chicago, IL (Seton Academy-HS, Quakerdale Promise Academy-Prep School)

Guard
    Max Martino 6'5" 195lbs WG Cedar Rapids, IA (Kennedy HS)---walk on Presidential Scholar
    Jarod Syndergaard 6'1" 180lbs G Sutherland, IA (South O'Brien HS)---walk on

Forwards
    Chip Rank 6'6" 215lbs F Cedarburg, WI (Cedarburg HS)
    Nate Buss 6'8" 190lbs PF Charles City, IA (Charles City HS)
    James Humpal 6'5 220lbs F Waterloo, IA (Columbus HS)---walk on

Guards
    Marc Sonnen 6'3" 180lbs CG Oakdale, MN (Tartan HS)
    Matt Morrison 6'0" 180lbs PG Solon, IA (Solon HS)---walk on first yr (4 for 5)
    BJ Ray 6'3" 205lbs WG Waynesville, MO (Waynesville HS)---walk on

Guards
    Ali Farokhmanesh 6'0" 185lbs CG Iowa City, IA (Kirkwood CC)
    John Moran 6'1" 170lbs PG Algonquin, IL (Jacobs HS)
    Anthony James 6'0" 165lbs CG St. Louis, MO (Normandy HS)

Forward
    Jake Koch 6'8" 220lbs PF Ashwaubenon, WI (Ashwaubenon HS)---walk on (4 for 5)

Center
    Austin Pehl 6'9" 210lbs C Cedar Falls, IA (Cedar Falls HS)

Guards
    Matt Culliver 6'1" 180lbs PG Omaha, NE (Iowa Western CC)
    Jon Montgomery 6'3" 200lbs SG Chicago, IL (Lincoln Park HS)
    Drew Lundberg 6'2" 190lbs CG Owatonna, MN (Owatonna HS)---walk on

Forwards
    Brent Barz 6'10" 200lbs PF Johnston, IA (Johnston HS)
    Lucas O'Rear 6'6" 225lbs PF Nashville, IL (Nashville HS)

Guards
    Kwadzo Ahelegbe 6'2" 185lbs PG Oakdale, MN (Tartan HS)
    Kerwin Dunham 6'4" 170lbs SG Bondurant, IA (Bondurant-Farrar HS)
    Stephen Jones 6'1" 190lbs PG/SG Bethalto, IL (Civic Memorial HS)

Forward
    Adam Koch 6'8" 210lbs PF Ashwaubenon, Wis (Ashwaubenon HS)

Center
    Jordan Eglseder 7'0" 260lbs C Bellevue, IA (Marquette HS)

Guards
    Michael Williams 5'7" 190lbs PG Topeka, KS (West HS/Hutchinson CC)
    Mason Stewart 6'2" 180lbs PG/SG Aurora, IL (Waubonsie Valley HS)
    Travis Brown 6'3" 180lbs SG Richfield, MN (Richfield HS)

Forwards
    Jermain Raffington 6'8" 220lbs PF Bad-Krozinghen, Germany (Urspring HS)***-didn't qualify
    Last edited by Panthers to the Bone; 05-18-2011, 08:53 PM.
    The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Re: Official Panther Basketball Commitment List

I saw in the paper that Pehl, Moran, and Koch's brother are expected to sign with UNI on signing day....can't remember when that is but I know it's coming up soon.

Where does that leave us in terms of open scholarships after the '08 class signs and you subtract people leaving? Will we be looking for anyone in the late signing period?

Comment

Looks like it's possible to add another player to the list. Antiquawn Beckham has been made an offer. http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75...=1&nid=3455894

6'4 180 Pound Guard Rated as a 3 Star

Comment

Today is signing day.
        GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
          Center
          Austin Pehl 6'9" 210lbs C Cedar Falls, IA (Cedar Falls HS)

Guards
          Jermain Davis 6'3" 195lbs SG Plymouth, MN (Southeastern CC)
          John Moran 6'1" 170lbs PG Algonquin, IL (Jacobs HS)

Forwards
          Brent Barz 6'10" 200lbs PF Johnston, IA (Johnston HS)
          Lucas O'Rear 6'6" 225lbs PF Nashville, IL (Nashville HS)

Guards
          Matt Culliver 6'1" 180lbs PG Omaha, NE (Iowa Western CC)
          Jon Montgomery 6'3" 200lbs SG Chicago, IL (Lincoln Park HS)
          Drew Lundberg 6'2" 190lbs CG Owatonna, MN (Owatonna HS)

Guards
          Kwadzo Ahelegbe 6'2" 185lbs PG Oakdale, MN (Tartan HS)
          Kerwin Dunham 6'4" 170lbs SG Bondurant, IA (Bondurant-Farrar HS)
          Stephen Jones 6'1" 190lbs PG/SG Bethalto, IL (Civic Memorial HS)

Forward
          Adam Koch 6'8" 210lbs PF Ashwaubenon, Wis (Ashwaubenon HS)

Center
          Jordan Eglseder 7'0" 260lbs C Bellevue, IA (Marquette HS)

Guards
          Michael Williams 5'7" 190lbs PG Topeka, KS (West HS/Hutchinson CC)
          Mason Stewart 6'2" 180lbs PG/SG Aurora, IL (Waubonsie Valley HS)
          Travis Brown 6'3" 180lbs SG Richfield, MN (Richfield HS)

Forwards
          Jermain Raffington 6'8" 220lbs PF Bad-Krozinghen, Germany (Urspring HS)***-didn't qualify
          2005 turned out to be an ugly recruiting class.
          "Lot of people talked about Ohio State or Georgetown or Michigan State or whoever, [or] Maryland in our bracket. When the brackets came out, the first team I looked at was Northern Iowa," Kansas Coach Bill Self.

Comment

Boy it would be nice to have a whole recruiting class stick one of these years. It hasn't happened for the last 4 now I notice.

To some extent that is a consequence of the program having risen to the level it has, guys see that they are not going to get much playing time and transfer out. At the same time we still lose guys like Davis and Bizoukas to "bigger time" programs after our coaches identify their talent early and go after them before anyone else.

So we kind of get it from both ends, tough business.
            GO PANTHERS!

Comment

2007 class rocks but 2008 class with those 2 guards I think will be a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post

To some extent that is a consequence of the program having risen to the level it has, guys see that they are not going to get much playing time and transfer out. At the same time we still lose guys like Davis and Bizoukas to "bigger time" programs after our coaches identify their talent early and go after them before anyone else.
                is depaul and seton hall "bigger time". We might want to get used to the fact that we are a good player away from very BIG TIME. Most think the VALLEY is better than the A10 and better than most big east teams.

I wish those two could have been panthers but many factors determine recruiting success, which I think Coach Jake is very good at. I don't think bigger time had anything to do with this one.

We got John Moran who is on par with those two.

Comment

Originally posted by williebat View Post
                  2007 class rocks but 2008 class with those 2 guards I think will be a good one.
                  Davis ended up signing with Iowa...
                  If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

You're losing me on several fronts Willie.

The two guards in the 2008 class above includes Jermain Davis who is now going to Iowa. That's the Davis I was referring to, not sure who we lost to Seton Hall.

The reason I put "bigger time" in quotes is because I don't believe they are, but apparently those players did. And I think it is a danger we face, our coaches have a reputation for indentifying talent early and bigger money programs come along down the road and take a look at the guys we are recruiting.
                    GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
                      You're losing me on several fronts Willie.

The two guards in the 2008 class above includes Jermain Davis who is now going to Iowa. That's the Davis I was referring to, not sure who we lost to Seton Hall.

The reason I put "bigger time" in quotes is because I don't believe they are, but apparently those players did. And I think it is a danger we face, our coaches have a reputation for indentifying talent early and bigger money programs come along down the road and take a look at the guys we are recruiting.
                      sorry, i was thinking of a mike davis from illinios who went to seton hall.

Jermain davis I must have blocked that out of memory. of course that is the DAVis you were talking about. Hate to lose a recruit to IOWA.

I did not catch the sarcasm from the quotes. I get it now. Jermaine seems like it was a bad loss, only time will tell. I am still thrilled to get john moran. I think that is a huge get for us.

Just a side note I bet Iowa fans are seriously banging thier heads that tyler smith kicking butt on the 4th ranked team in nthe counbtry tennesee.

Any sorrow I feel about us losing davis is nothing compared that.

We will be ok without him.

Comment

The 2006 and 2007 classes are stacked. Plus you could almost throw Reed into the 2006 class when looking at eligibility.

I am hoping we can pick up another 3-4 star recruit to bring the 2008 class up another level.
                        Originally posted by TH1974
                        This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

Back in 2006, that class sure looked like the best UNI had ever got. With 4 sophomore starters they're living up to the high expectations!

Comment

Originally posted by williebat View Post
                            is depaul and seton hall "bigger time". We might want to get used to the fact that we are a good player away from very BIG TIME. Most think the VALLEY is better than the A10 and better than most big east teams.
                            Yes, they are. One thing to remember, both schools have had some big time recent success. They recruits themselves may not remember, but their parents and coaches do. DePaul in particular has sent lots of guys to the NBA, and that's a damn good selling point. Seton Hall probably has too, at least while Carlisimo was coach. Didn't both also make the Final Four within recent memory? Again, the memory of their parents and coaches is just as important as the kids' themselves.

If someone wants to research the above, go ahead. Bottom line, the Big East has had a ridiculous amount of success in basketball over the last 20 years. You can't objectively say the MVC is a better league overall. To do so, the MVC will need to SUSTAIN the success it's had over a several year period. I'd love to see it happen, but you have to be realistic when comparing conferences. Tradition, and past/current success, are huge factors.

Comment

Updated now....
                              The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Working...
                              X