WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNI Golf Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNI Golf Tour

It was posted in the Alumni area, but I thought maybe it should be posted here. The UNI Golf Tour is about to kick off again this summer. Linked here is a list of dates:

For those in the Des Moines area, or want to go to the UNI golf event in Ankeny, you can print off your registration by viewing this link and following it to the registration document:

100% of the profits from the UNI Golf Tour go towards financing UNI athletic scholarships. Please consider playing, getting your friends to join you on the golf course, and/or volunteering at one of these events. This year, the UNI golf tour makes stops in Cedar Falls, Cedar Rapids, Quad Cities, Des Moines area, Mason City, as well as some of the other smaller population areas such as Carroll, Charles City, New Hampton, and Denver. It looks as though, compared to last year, there are fewer events (Independence, Cascade, and Grundy Center not on this year), but that should mean more people at the current tour stops. I know that these events are not only supporting financially to the student-athletes, but they are also supporting to our coaches, to show them how much of a following there is in these specific areas. These events are some of the only times each year that you as fans have access personally to the top coaches in the state of Iowa. The events also have TONS of prizes, raffles, and silent auctions...not to mention great food! You can really come away with more than you gave when you total in the meal and the prizes you can/will win. Seriously, this is a great time.

We all know that the most fun comes on the course, but if you can't make it to the golf, or aren't a golfer, but want to enjoy the camraderie, most of the time you can go listen to the coaches speak and pay for dinner. I have posted a link below from last year's golf tour event schedule from here on PN where some people discussed how much fun the events were.

Get out to the UNI Golf Tour '06!
    The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Reminder:

The Men's Golf Spectacular is coming up on Monday May 15th. There is online registration if you like...other wise there is a phone number to call. Check it out here: http://unipanthers.cstv.com/ot/golftourhome.html

Also, the Cedar Rapids golf outing is coming up on Monday May 8th. For more info check out: http://unipanthers.cstv.com/ot/golftoursched.html

I hope these fill up all the way! The proceeds go to the UNI Student-Athlete Scholarship Fund.
    The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Any word on how the Men's Golf Spectacular is filling up?

Comment

I need to send in my entry for Ankeny. Go Panthers. I have myself and one other Panther fan from Omaha.
        "10% of life is what happens to you, 90% is how you react to what happens."

Comment

How was the Golf Spectacular, for those able to make it?

Comment

I received a last minute invite as a fill in and had a great time. First year I've been but it seemed like a real good turnout. I wondered that day if any members of "the nation" were present. Brief rundown.

Course - superb, although real quick I've never played on truer greens
            Weather - nice
            Beer - cold and plentiful
            Beer cart girls - disappointing, waaaaaay to many clothes on
            Food - excellent
            Rima - hilarious
            Coaches - all gave good talks, Farley jokingly *****ed about all the attention directed towards the MAC and asked that we not forget about the Dome.

I had to take off before the auction, raffle and flight prizes, but all in all I felt it was real well done.

.....and since I haven't posted for awhile I figured I better restate my platform. Brooks is a D1 athlete and will be the starting point guard next year on a tournament qualifying team. Just in case any of you had forgotten
            ...by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries. Yep, it's made with bits of real panther. So you know it's good."

Comment

Missed ya SP!!!

Comment

A new UNI Golf Tour event has been added. Dubuque is the new location:

Dubuque *NEW EVENT*
                Friday August 4th

1:00 pm Shot Gun
                $50, 4-Person Best Shot
                Lacoma Golf Club

Chip Staebell: (815) 747-3874

Comment

Great to see an event in the Dubuque area. The head pro at Lacoma, Chip Staebell, is a great guy, UNI alum and was one of Mac's college roommates. He is a men's hoops season ticket holder and makes it to the MVC and NCAA tourney games. It is a shame I will be out of the state during that event.

I was in Carroll last week and had a number of people mention that they planned on playing in the Tour Outing on July 31st. The 2 + 2 Program, which is a partnership between UNI and DMACC, has raised UNI's visibility in the Carroll region in western Iowa. It allows students to get the AA at DMACC's Carroll campus and then continue on and earn a BA from UNI also at DMACC's Carroll campus.

Comment

Working...
                  X