WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

I've heard some of you talk about him before, but I didn't realize he was this good!!

Re: Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

I'm not going to say he has to come here...but think of your parents AJ. Don't you want to make traveling to your games easy on them?

Comment

I was going to say until about the last 25 % of that video...he sure doesn't pass much! I don't think he'd fit in well here! Then his passing highlights were pretty darn good too.

Comment

Kid has always been a shooter. Haven't seen him play much but would guess he has a pretty good basketball IQ. From the video, jeez he looks small (age-wise). Can't wait to see how he develops physically.

Hoping there is an offer there shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by Purrrrrfect View Post
          I was going to say until about the last 25 % of that video...he sure doesn't pass much! I don't think he'd fit in well here! Then his passing highlights were pretty darn good too.
          I believe when Cedar Falls beat a good Wahlert team AJ was credited with 5 points on 2/4 shooting and 10 assists. I think it is safe to assume he knows how to share the ball.

Comment

He's not a 7 footer.
            Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

AJ's crossover is amazing I had an opportunity to be a referee for a few of his games last year. His IQ is unreal and knows how to do a lot on the offensive end. While I think its early to project a kid for college. I would hope we would extend an offer for Coach Green.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIAlum2010 View Post
                I believe when Cedar Falls beat a good Wahlert team AJ was credited with 5 points on 2/4 shooting and 10 assists. I think it is safe to assume he knows how to share the ball.
                I know I was just joking around

Comment

Love that his mid-range games seems so solid. Mid-range games are a lost art anymore. Very smooth off the dribble and pulling up for jumpers. Didn't know he was that smooth!
                  John 3:16

Comment

Mid-range games are going away because they're the worst shots in basketball.

Why shoot 50% on 2 point shots when you can shoot 40-45% on 3 Point Shots? The 15-18 footer is the worst shot in the game.
                    #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Why shoot 50% on 2 point shots when you can shoot 40-45% on 3 Point Shots? The 15-18 footer is the worst shot in the game.
                      I disagree in some aspect. Hitting the 15fter from the FT is a great weapon. Now shooting with your foot on the 3pt line or just inside it...then yes..worst shot ever.

Comment

There were games where it felt like Kwadzo never missed a mid range jumper.
                        To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Disagree. More offensive weapons/shots is always better than less. Having guys that are able to consistently pull up from mid-range is a great weapon. I didn't say replace the 3pt shot or that the 3pt shot was worse. In fact, the mid-range game is more to compliment the inside game than outside. It's a great weapon to be able to quickly pull up and hit the jump shot from 8-15 feet when you penetrate. Kwadzo had games where that was unstoppable and where it greatly helped our team as teams had to respect it and it left others open.

In fact, I just watched Kwadzo coaching Jesperson on this very thing yesterday in the Mcleod. Penetrating and stepping back for a short jumper rather than all the way to the hoop for a contested shot in the lane.
                          John 3:16

Comment

Wes and Wyatt both take that shot and it feels like a high percentage.

Comment

I love what the mid-range shot can do for a team. More importantly I hate watching middle school kids flocking to that magic line on the court and chucking it from the hip because they aren't strong enough to shoot a 3 with proper form.
                              "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

Working...
                              X