WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Commit!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Commit!!!

Originally posted by 96' Alum View Post
    You mean that he actually HAD offers, unlike Ingle
    What's your point?
    "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

tuttle was gonna have plenty of offers. there are at least 7 in-state high major players between the '11 and '12 classes, so teams are being diligent with their offers. right now, uthoff has shown a little more and his offer list reflects that. however, not long ago there were plenty of people who thought that tuttle was the better prospect, and many still do.

Comment

Originally posted by ubuntuCAT View Post
        What's your point?
        The point is that you were trying to make fun of a kid whose Mother has cancer....You tried to be a smart aleck about offers Kody had, when that question has already been addressed, he didn't have any big offers. He chose to walk on at Creighton, had Mac not dangled Dougie as a reason to hire him to the people in Omaha, he would have walked on at Iowa State. I know this may be too much for you to understand, but isn't it ironic the minute Fred Hoiberg took over, Iowa State lost all interest???

The fact that Mac brought him into Creighton is a great indicator that this is how he identifies talent....That is another plus for us (UNI in case you didn't know).

Dana Altman didn't leave Creighton for no reason....He knows where the world stands in the MVC.

Seth Tuttle is a great signee for this program, had Kody Ingle been a target we would be lamenting the fact that he decided to walk on for your hero. Instead, we should be happy that he has a place to land, even if it is without a scholarship.....If Mac has proven nothing over the past five years, he has proven that he will give a scholarship to players that noone else at the level he is "coaching" would think about.....That is good for UNI....Wow, pathetic!!!

Good job! Way to go...Shouldn't you be on a Creighton board telling them how much you idolize their coach???
        Last edited by 96' Alum; 05-21-2010, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 96' Alum View Post
          The point is that you were trying to make fun of a kid whose Mother has cancer....You tried to be a smart aleck about offers Kody had, when that question has already been addressed, he didn't have any big offers. He chose to walk on at Creighton, had Mac not dangled Dougie as a reason to hire him to the people in Omaha, he would have walked on at Iowa State. I know this may be too much for you to understand, but isn't it ironic the minute Fred Hoiberg took over, Iowa State lost all interest???

The fact that Mac brought him into Creighton is a great indicator that this is how he identifies talent....That is another plus for us (UNI in case you didn't know).

Dana Altman didn't leave Creighton for no reason....He knows where the world stands in the MVC.

Seth Tuttle is a great signee for this program, had Kody Ingle been a target we would be lamenting the fact that he decided to walk on for your hero. Instead, we should be happy that he has a place to land, even if it is without a scholarship.....If Mac has proven nothing over the past five years, he has proven that he will give a scholarship to players that noone else at the level he is "coaching" would think about.....That is good for UNI....Wow, pathetic!!!

Good job! Way to go...Shouldn't you be on a Creighton board telling them how much you idolize their coach???
          No clue what you are talking about with the cancer comment. I hope you are not off your meds or something.

I don't understand how it says Mac cant evaluate talent because Ingle didn't have any offers? It's not like Mac offered him a scholarship he's a walk on. Are you trying to say no other schools were even interested in having him walk on?

I also think tuttle will be a great addition when we sign himand I've never sais otherwise.
          "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

kody's mom has cancer but i dont see how that has anything to with this. 96 is just a weirdo who felt it was appropriate to use someones sickness as a prop to hold up his lame ass argument.

Comment

Very unfortunate if that's true. I guess then 96 thinks I was making fun of Ingle at some point which was never the case.

Comment

You should never put the terms '96' and 'thinks' in the same paragraph, let alone the same sentence.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Above is some dunks/shooting from Seth Tuttle. No in game footage, but gives some an idea of his overall athleticism and size. The other kid is Payton Plagge. He's a top five in the state recruit in the 2013 class in Iowa...and goes to the same school as Seth.
                  The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

that wasn't exactly exhilarating. I would rather they'd shown them playing one on one. less than thunderous dunks and fade aways are a dime a dozen. I chalk this up to poor camermanship. hopefully

Comment

If you will allow me to butt in here - I think you guys will like Seth Tuttle a lot.

I've spoken to him and watched him play several times over the past few months. He has a really nice skill set and will be a nice four-man in the Valley. The issue I think he will have at UNI is that Jake Koch is a much better outside shooter. I don't think Seth will be strong enough to play Center effectively in Division I. So, playing time right away might be tough and I wouldn't be shocked in they redshirted him to put weight on him. He's built similar to a lot of Iowa big man - tall, but weight in an issue.

It's tough to gauge how talented he is on the AAU regional circuit because he's playing with a team that is simply loaded. I'll be curious to watch Seth play against higher level competition this summer in Vegas as the Barnstormers will be one of the favorites in the Super 64 tournament. Seth doesn't post up much as he is asked to rebound and run the break for the Barnstormers. Uthoff and Oglesby are the primary scorers, which leaves Seth open a lot for easy put backs and layups.

Seth is a great kid who loves the coaching staff at UNI. He always talked about Coach Jacobson whenever I spoke to him and he really feels comfortable at UNI.

Comment

thanks for the insight. care to speculate which way gibbs is leaning?

Comment

From my conversations with him - he has been pretty clear - that he is down to 3 schools. But if you want me to guess - I think he's going to go to Creighton. They have a larger need in 2011 and a chance to play with Gregory Echenique.

I'm probably going to be called a homer for that pick but that's just what my gut tells me after seeing Creighton not offer anyone their open scholarship. He's going to be in Omaha this weekend - we'll see how it goes.

Comment

Creighton has been my gut all along too.

Easier to step in and get a bunch of minutes as well as being able to continue his Jesuit education.
                            #MACtion

Comment

per @IA_Barnstormers Tuttle outplayed Top-150 Mitch McGary of SYF at today's milwaukee AAU tourney as the barnstormers won by 1.

Comment

Totally in love with Seth Tuttle's game. Northern Iowa with the terrific early pickup.
                                That's the Rivals.com writer on a regional level, I believe.
                                The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Working...
                                X