WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uni wbb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Uni wbb

Originally posted by Panther AC View Post
    Don't forget the ball!
    whoops.
    Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

UNI beat Indiana st. 61-59 in OT. Defense again was great, offense was a struggle. Free throws were crucial. Back to back 20 win seasons for first time in WBB history.

Comment

Was worried when we were down 21-6 and Weekly had missed her first 9 shots. Have to give credit to the Lady Trees for a nice defensive effort, they brought help whenever a UNI player drove and caused us a lot of trouble. Actually looked a lot like our defense, I thought. We probably could have used Gerrits today - I figured she'd be held out, but was hoping she wouldn't still be needing crutches. Suppose she'll be looked at Monday and we'll hear something Tuesday.

Comment

Has to be rare in a game that you cause 32 turnovers you only win by two.

Radio announcer (Chris does a great job all alone, by the way) was mystified by quite a number of calls/game administration by the refs.

Comment

I didn't see the entire game (probably still available on Watch ESPN), but one time Schonhardt drove along the baseline, was knocked (not just pushed) out of bounds and the refs gave the ball to the Trees. Many times Weekly and Herzberg drove into contact and lost the ball with nothing called either way. OTOH, they also called some touch fouls on them as well. Their coach was very unhappy at halftime.

I agree Chris does a great job. Very smooth and easy to understand. For contrast, Rob Brooks does the Iowa WBB games and is tough to listen to, with his monotone and halting speech pattern. Leaves the impression that he's not thrilled with the assignment, rightly or wrongly.

Comment

Coach Warren has confirmed that Gerrits is out for the season with the knee injury she picked up at Loyola. Anybody know what it is? ACL? If so, might be looking at a redshirt next season.

Comment

Panther women look to be playing pretty well this weekend.
                I think I'll head down to Moline tomorrow to see them take on Drake in the championship game.

Comment

I see the women are playing at 2pm tomorrow. Is the game going to be shown on television somewhere? ESPN3? Can't make it to Moline but would love to catch them in action.

Comment

Should be on ESPN3

Comment

it's on ESPN3: http://es.pn/2lFkfma

interesting footnote: this will be the first time since 2002 that the top 2 seeds have met in the MVC tournament final

Comment

Thanks for the info. I am bummed that I have a previous commitment keeping me from going to the game but I can still watch. I hope Panther fans turn up to support the ladies. This may upset a few people but I wish that more fans would support the women's teams like basketball and volleyball.

Comment

I fully agree with that panthergirl123. These women athletes are doing a great job. I enjoyed many games on ESPN3 when I could not attend. The Panther women have proven themselves both on the court and in the classroom. Drake is going to be a very tough opponent again. I have concerns the Panthers will be overlooked for a NCAA bid if they don't win this afternoon. I am also not sure coach Warren gets the recognition she deserves.

Comment

Heartbreaking way to miss the tourney..

Comment

That OT period was hard to watch. Man, I hate Drake and the retirement community that supplies fans for their crowds

Comment

We played well enough to win in regulation, but Ingle just siezed the moment. But heads held high for the Panthers.

Comment

Working...
                                X