WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2016 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official 2016 Panther Basketball Recruit List

I don't think he said that, if he did it was crazy, of course other schools including Iowa are going to offer kids we've offered. Hell, some schools seem to do little else in the way of recruiting. Maybe he said Fran wouldn't offer a player who had already verbaled to UNI.

Oops, when I posted that I thought it was right under AC's post. I missed that a new page had started.
    Last edited by GonzoCat; 05-02-2014, 11:22 AM.
    GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Looks like my bad. That's what happens when I try to post things from memory, rather than going back to read it again. Not offering our commits makes more sense. Sorry for the mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther AC View Post
        Looks like my bad. That's what happens when I try to post things from memory, rather than going back to read it again. Not offering our commits makes more sense. Sorry for the mistake.
        it would appear as though a complete lack of common sense contributed as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
          Correct me if I'm wrong, but that Senior team that everyone thought was loaded...isn't the player who committed to us the only D1 kid on that team? I very easily could be missing someone, but if all of those guys signed with DII schools, that isn't exactly "loaded". Also, no offense to DII basketball, I'm just comparing Dubuque and Iowa against the upper end towns and states for production of talent.
          I will correct you then. Haber is going to play basketball at Brown and LeGrand will playing football for Iowa next year as well. That was three D1 and a DII in the starting lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIAlum2010 View Post
            I will correct you then. Haber is going to play basketball at Brown and LeGrand will playing football for Iowa next year as well. That was three D1 and a DII in the starting lineup.
            As I said, I could've easily missed something. Let me also correct you, since we're talking basketball, a guy with a FB scholly does not count. So, that's two D1 players. That's impressive for an Iowa high school, but also not the norm.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
              As I said, I could've easily missed something. Let me also correct you, since we're talking basketball, a guy with a FB scholly does not count. So, that's two D1 players. That's impressive for an Iowa high school, but also not the norm.
              You specifically brought up football in that post and I was just correcting you as you asked. Just because an athlete picks to play D1 football doesn't make the team less loaded athletically. Typically Dubuque has D1 athletes each year. Specifically, one basketball player this year and the next 2 years as well.

Comment

Ryan Kriener will be in visiting again soon. He also picked up an offer from South Dakota State. Although I am not sure why he has him listed as a guard since I most places have him listed as 6'8'' PF

Comment

Per the barnstormers twitter we have offered Ryan Kriener.

Comment

UNI has offered four new players per Verbal Commits

8/4/2014 - 2016 SF Michael Hurt (6-7, -, 2★) has received an offer from Northern Iowa. - Per Link
                    8/3/2014 - 2016 SG Kameron McGusty (6-4, -, 2★) has received an offer from Northern Iowa.
                    8/3/2014 - 2016 SF Isaiah Roby (6-7, 185, 2★) has received an offer from Northern Iowa. - Per Link
                    8/1/2014 - 2016 SF Ryan Kriener (6-7, -, 2★) has received an offer from Northern Iowa.

I'd edit the first page, but Casbern stared this thread

Comment

I'd be shocked if Kriener didn't end up here. He's been going for an offer.
                      #MACtion

Comment

Indiana State has now offered Ryan Kriener and Wali Parks (IC West) per Iowa Preps Twitter. Kriener is switching high schools to Spirit Lake high school this fall. Wali Parks only averaged 2.1 ppg as a sophomore for IC West which tells you something about how good IC West was last year.

visit www.iaelites.comFor your individual highlight tape contact 319-8301593 or [email protected]

Comment

Ryan Kriener video from the John Lucas Camp.

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Comment

Per Twitter...

Northern Iowa has offered @WisconsinPGE 2016 point guard Juwan McCloud. http://t.co/dbnhXvIP7W @ny2lasports #UNI
                            To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Any word on the recruiting of Jordan Bohannon?

Comment

Originally posted by UNIAlum2010 View Post
                                Indiana State has now offered Ryan Kriener and Wali Parks (IC West) per Iowa Preps Twitter. Kriener is switching high schools to Spirit Lake high school this fall. Wali Parks only averaged 2.1 ppg as a sophomore for IC West which tells you something about how good IC West was last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cntz7KkbHQ#t=77
                                One of my former coaching colleagues attended the Spirit Lake vs Hull Western game before Xmas. Jake, Fran, coaches from Wisc. U. and other major universities were in attendance. Fran spent his time signing autographs. Hull Western drilled Spirit Lake with Kriener not impressive at all. My friend said if that was to be Kriener's audition game then it was a failure.

Kriener may have been sick that nite or my thinking is that Hull Western is that good. My friend was not impressed.

Comment

Working...
                                X