WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do we choose to restrict Tailgating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why do we choose to restrict Tailgating?

Originally posted by Geno4UNI View Post
    Thanks for the information but I was just being sarcastic. I know that there was a weekend late in the season either last year or the year before that there was a Basketball game before the Football game and Volleyball game after. That was a fun filled day.
    There is another day like this in November this year...

Comment

speaking of which, UNI volleyball is playing Missouri State on Saturday night at 7. So those looking for a full day of Panther awesomeness should stop by the McLeod Center after the football game. FB ticket gets you into the VB match for free.

The Bears were essentially tied with the Panthers for second in the preseason MVC poll, so it will likely be a good match.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
        Troy should check his facts. I got this straight from the UNI Policies & Procedure Manual which is available on line at http://www.uni.edu/policies/1318.

This is the Tailgating Policy, notice line 1 where it says "is subject to the management and oversight of UNI Athletics."

Tailgating
        Tailgating is defined as an on-campus public outdoor social event that involves the consumption of food and/or alcoholic beverages. Individuals, groups, and organizations participating in tailgate activities are responsible for their own conduct and expected to respect the rights of others. Any purchase, possession, or consumption of alcoholic beverages in conjunction with tailgating is subject to Iowa law and the provisions of this policy.
        1.Tailgating is allowed only in conjunction with UNI home football games and is subject to the management and oversight of UNI Athletics, which shall be responsible to: 1.Define approved locations.
        2.Manage parking.
        3.Provide signage clearly explaining participant guidelines.
        4.Schedule placement of security.
        5.Provide adequate supply of portable restrooms.
        6.Provide adequate supply of trash and recycling containers, and manage post-event cleanup.
        7.Restrict loud music, public address system use, and other disruptive activities.

2.Participant guidelines 1.Tailgating may not begin more than four hours prior to the published starting time of the event and is not permitted at any time during game-time play. Post-event tailgating may not begin prior to the end of the game-time and shall cease no later than one hour after the end of the event.
        2.Alcoholic beverages must be limited to a maximum container size of one gallon. All common sources of alcohol, including but not limited to kegs, punch bowls, beer balls, beer bongs, beer taps, plastic bats, or excessive amounts of alcohol in bottles or cases, are prohibited.
        3.Glass bottles and containers are prohibited.
        4.Charcoal grills are permitted for cooking. No open fires are permitted.
        5.Smoking is prohibited on University property, per Iowa law.
        6.Any person damaging University property will be held responsible according to the law.
        7.Tailgaters are responsible for picking up their trash and taking it with them or disposing of it in trash receptacles provided by the University.
        8.Requests to park vehicles and stay overnight in University parking lots the night prior to an event must be made to and approved by the Department of Public Safety at least two weeks in advance of the event. Those allowed to stay must comply with relevant University policies and directives provided by Public Safety.
        9.Any corporate, business, sales, or other commercial activity associated with tailgating is subject to approval of UNI Athletics.

Comment

Line 2: "Tailgating may not begin more than four hours prior..."
          UNI isn't exactly splitting atoms in terms of academics. -run&blade

Comment

Originally posted by TH1974 View Post
            Line 2: "Tailgating may not begin more than four hours prior..."
            Good point. As Americans we've all been taught never to question authority...

Comment

But "Tailgating is defined as an on-campus public outdoor social event that involves the consumption of food and/or alcoholic beverages." So as I read it if I want to not eat and drink soda or coffee or anything else that is non-alcoholic I can show as up early as I want to.

Comment

But "Tailgating is defined as an on-campus public outdoor social event that involves the consumption of food and/or alcoholic beverages." So as I read it if I want to not eat and drink soda or coffee or anything else that is non-alcoholic I can show as up early as I want to.
                Touche. .

Comment

I see what you did ... and like it.
                  "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

And I will have a copy of the policy on tailgating with me.

Comment

So we promise not to pop a beer before 4 hours and Barney leaves us alone. Done!

Comment

Troy should check his facts. I got this straight from the UNI Policies & Procedure Manual which is available on line at http://www.uni.edu/policies/1318.

This is the Tailgating Policy, notice line 1 where it says "is subject to the management and oversight of UNI Athletics."

Tailgating
                        Tailgating is defined as an on-campus public outdoor social event that involves the consumption of food and/or alcoholic beverages. Individuals, groups, and organizations participating in tailgate activities are responsible for their own conduct and expected to respect the rights of others. Any purchase, possession, or consumption of alcoholic beverages in conjunction with tailgating is subject to Iowa law and the provisions of this policy.
                        1.Tailgating is allowed only in conjunction with UNI home football games and is subject to the management and oversight of UNI Athletics, which shall be responsible to: 1.Define approved locations.
                        2.Manage parking.
                        3.Provide signage clearly explaining participant guidelines.
                        4.Schedule placement of security.
                        5.Provide adequate supply of portable restrooms.
                        6.Provide adequate supply of trash and recycling containers, and manage post-event cleanup.
                        7.Restrict loud music, public address system use, and other disruptive activities.

2.Participant guidelines 1.Tailgating may not begin more than four hours prior to the published starting time of the event and is not permitted at any time during game-time play. Post-event tailgating may not begin prior to the end of the game-time and shall cease no later than one hour after the end of the event.
                        2.Alcoholic beverages must be limited to a maximum container size of one gallon. All common sources of alcohol, including but not limited to kegs, punch bowls, beer balls, beer bongs, beer taps, plastic bats, or excessive amounts of alcohol in bottles or cases, are prohibited.
                        3.Glass bottles and containers are prohibited.
                        4.Charcoal grills are permitted for cooking. No open fires are permitted.
                        5.Smoking is prohibited on University property, per Iowa law.
                        6.Any person damaging University property will be held responsible according to the law.
                        7.Tailgaters are responsible for picking up their trash and taking it with them or disposing of it in trash receptacles provided by the University.
                        8.Requests to park vehicles and stay overnight in University parking lots the night prior to an event must be made to and approved by the Department of Public Safety at least two weeks in advance of the event. Those allowed to stay must comply with relevant University policies and directives provided by Public Safety.
                        9.Any corporate, business, sales, or other commercial activity associated with tailgating is subject to approval of UNI Athletics.
                        Uh? What facts should he get straight? Looks to me he has them already. The University sets the rules and the Athletic Department has to manage (enforce) them on game day.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther/Statesman View Post
                          So we promise not to pop a beer before 4 hours and Barney leaves us alone. Done!
                          cant eat either
                          "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

Troy stated that the "Tailgating rules at UNI are established by the Department of Public Safety." It is clearly stated in the Policy that tailgating "is subject to the management and oversight of UNI Athletics". I understand he was probably not at UNI when the Policy was written but you manage it and oversee it so don't push it off as you have nothing to do with it and it's a DPS issue.

Comment

Troy stated that the "Tailgating rules at UNI are established by the Department of Public Safety." It is clearly stated in the Policy that tailgating "is subject to the management and oversight of UNI Athletics". I understand he was probably not at UNI when the Policy was written but you manage it and oversee it so don't push it off as you have nothing to do with it and it's a DPS issue.
                              Did you even read your own link?

Comment

What don't you understand about the policy and the management of it? THE POLICY HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY AND THE POLICY IS SUBJECT TO THE MANAGEMENT AND OVERSIGHT OF UNI ATHLETICS! UNI athletics can't just change the policy. They, ath. dept., must enforce the policy because they sponsor the events that lead to tailgating.

Troy has offered to go to the Dept. of Public Safety and see if they would change the policy if people come to him with a bonifide reason to extend the hours. Extending the hours because people want more time for drinking is not a bonifide reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X