WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cedar Rapids UNI Panther Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cedar Rapids UNI Panther Event

I just recieved this in an email today. Sounds like a good time and it would be great to have a nice turnout. Anybody with nothing to do next Wed. in the Cedar Rapids area should try to attend.

You are invited! We have a Cedar Rapids UNI Panther Event coming together for next week…

On Wednesday, April 12th, UNI coaches and Athletic Department leaders have accepted our invite to join Eastern Iowa Panther fans for a celebration “kegger and light hors d’oeuvres” at Elmcrest Country Club (main dining room) from 6 pm to 8 pm … (similar event almost three years ago… great turn out and great time)…

§ Football Coach Mark Farley is bringing the 2005 football season highlight video

§ Coach Farley is bringing a 7 minute “fan view” of the Chattanooga experience (well done by a Panther fan that captured the experience!)

§ Track Coach Chris Bucknum is brining highlights of the season where UNI finished 18th in the nationals against all the “bigs”

§ Women’s basketball Coach Tony DiCecco is bringing highlights of another great season where the women’s team finished 19-11 (since Coach Tony arrived 11 years ago, he has made his mark as the most successful women’s basketball coach in UNI history)…

§ Athletic Director Coach Rick Hartzell brings his comments on how UNI continues to compete on a limited budget… great coaches, great kids and great fan support

§ New Men’s basketball Coach Ben Jacobson and wrestling Coach Brad Penrith have schedule conflicts they are trying to change to join us

§ Steve Gearhart and other leaders from the UNI Foundation as well as some Panther fans from Cedar Falls and Waterloo are planning on joining us also

We apologize for the relatively short notice… Coach Farley has spring football and Coach Bucknum is into the track season… this was the only date that could work on their schedules…

Our goal is 100 attendees… to have as many as possible I would like to as your help! Please spread the word to all your fellow Panther alumni and fans (and friends and neighbors too)!!! If everyone on this email list would bring one or two other Panther fans, I believe it would show the Coaches that we are reciprocating the effort they are making to join us in Cedar Rapids…

Please join us if you can make it or let me know if you have any questions or comments. It will be a fun Panther event for you and for all of us!
    GO PANTHERS!!

Sounds like great things are going on in Cedar Rapids!
    The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

I wish I could join. But I have to work.
      GO NORTHERN IOWA PANTHERS![SIZE="6"][/SIZE]

Comment

Is there admission on this? Not that I mind... it would be worth it if there is. Sounds like a great time.

I'm also getting geared up for the Corridor Classic. We need more events like this in CR.

Comment

Don't know about an admission or not. The only information I have is what was sent to me in the email above. But like you said, it would be worth it.
          GO PANTHERS!!

Comment

Those things usually don't charge admission. That would be counterproductive to try and grow a fanbase.

Comment

Just a reminder...

Just a remainder for those in the area.....
              Go Panthers!

Comment

Great event last night here in Cedar Rapids. Participation could have been a little better, about 35 people showed up but still very enjoyable. I can't get over how personable the coaches are and go out of their way to come over and talk to you. After listening to all the coaches talk, I personally wanted to follow all of panther athletics. Not a big tennis, track or wrestling fan but after listening to the coaches and what they said about their teams just gave me chills. The track team has a big meet this weekend and I can't wait to see how the wrestling team fairs next year, sounds like a great team coming back. Met a lot of great people last night and can't wait to see most of them again at the golf tourney on May 8 in CR.

Great event and for those who were unable to make it last night, try to make one, it will give you goosbumps all night.
                GO PANTHERS!!

Comment

How are the signups for the CR UNI golf outing going?
                  The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone
                    How are the signups for the CR UNI golf outing going?
                    Do you have details on this?

Comment

Like how to sign up, or how many have signed up? I don't know how many have signed up, which is why I asked.

Comment

No, I meant the "what, when, where, and how much" details, although the details you referred to would be good to know too.

Comment

Cedar Rapids
                          Panther Prowl
                          Monday May 8th

1:00 pm Shot Gun
                          $125, 4-Person Shamble
                          Elmcrest CC - Cedar Rapids, IA

Jeff Textor: (319) 373-2333 x14

Comment

I just talked to the guy that is running it yesterday. We need more teams!! Anybody is able to do this and it should be a great time. Dinner is going to be served by the Texas Roadhouse after the tournament. So for the money you get to play an A+ course, eat an excellent meal plus meet the coaches. And best of all you are helping the Scholarship Club and that is the most important of them all.

If you are in the Cedar Rapids area and free Monday May 8th please try to make it to this event. You can PM me if you need any more information.
                            GO PANTHERS!!

Comment

How was the golf event? I hope all went well. Great time to re-unite the Panther fan base in Cedar Rapids!

Comment

Working...
                              X