WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NDSU to play at Target Field?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU to play at Target Field?

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
    Oh, I agree we should be willing. I just don't see any reason why NDSU would be willing to split the revenue with UNI. We should probably be willing at a 2/1 split. $500K would also be more than we have ever received from ISU or UI I think. May have gotten over that from Wisconsin. Just about any FCS team not named Montana would probably be willing to come in and play NDSU for $350K in a one off.
    Didn't we get $550k from Iowa 2 years ago?

Would like to see an official report on the ISU payout this year but sure seems like it would be over $500k. (20% of net ticket receipts)
    "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

Payouts listed here (minus what the gate receipts were for ISU this year)
      The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
        And to display our product in the Twin Cities where we recruit heavily...I like the idea.

Should a game in the Twin Cities be expected to do much for recruiting? I'm more interested in using games to build support among fans than recruits. And I think that needs to be done in Iowa.

Comment

Outside of Iowa, it's the #2 metro area for UNI alumni. It would be a good place to outreach to.

Our basketball team plays in Chicago and has in KC, but there isn't a big draw to gather UNI alumni for a sporting event there. This would do it. Minnesota won't play UNI in basketball and outside of a NCAA Tournament appearance there, this is as close as it could get.
          Last edited by Panthers to the Bone; 09-27-2016, 10:04 PM.
          The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
            Should a game in the Twin Cities be expected to do much for recruiting? I'm more interested in using games to build support among fans than recruits. And I think that needs to be done in Iowa.
            If they play 5 other games in Iowa would it hurt to play a high profile game in MN?
            Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
              Originally posted by TravelingPanther View Post
              If they play 5 other games in Iowa would it hurt to play a high profile game in MN?
              If you are not losing a home game in the schedule nor losing money ... isn't it better to play NDSU - or really, any team - at a neutral site than in their home stadium?

Bonus that it is also home to a large number of your alumni. And a ton of transplants from Iowa.

Bonus that it is also very large metro with tons of high school athletes looking to continue.

Bonus that is is only 3.5 hours from C.F., even closer than Fargo for those who would make the drive.

Side note - in Sunday's Minneapolis StarTribune, there was a multi-page insert for the Minnesota National College Fair in the Minneapolis Convention Center next week - dozens if not hundreds of two- and four-year schools will be there. Looking at the list of schools with booths, it was nice to see that UNI is scheduled to be part of five booths (more than the two other Regents universities from Iowa, though NDSU was scheduled for 15).
              "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Originally posted by TravelingPanther View Post

OK, maybe it is a good idea, if there are as many alumni in the Twin Cities as PTTB says . . . and I assume he is correct.

Comment

More details from a Twin Cities news station. http://www.fox9.com/sports/211585040-story

Comment

Division 3 ??? They could pick an all star team of division 3 teams in Mn and the bison would still kill em. Plus it does nothing for counting a win.

Comment

Originally posted by Neighbor View Post
                      Division 3 ??? They could pick an all star team of division 3 teams in Mn and the bison would still kill em. Plus it does nothing for counting a win.
                      It doesn't say the D-III teams will be their opponent, it says they will play each other.
                      Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Originally posted by havok58 View Post
                        Well, they made a football field fit into Wrigley field, so I'm sure it can be at Target Field.

The article also mentioned the game would most likely have to come from NDSU's home schedule, but that even plays to their favor as the Twin Cities has a large NDSU alumni base. Still would be fun to go up there and watch it.
                        you do realize that the Bears home field was Wrigley Field for like 50 years.
                        (217): Just watched a UNI fan at the bar lick the tears off of a KU fans face.. See what march madness does to people

Comment

NDSU vs Butler at Target field in 2019

Comment

That's a lot of money for a fan to watch NDSU starters sit for 50 minutes

Sent from my NSA monitored One+ 3

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
                              That's a lot of money for a fan to watch NDSU starters sit for 50 minutes

Sent from my NSA monitored One+ 3
                              Perhaps there will be beer and snacks.
                              "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Disappointed UNI isn't the opponent. The State of Iowa and UNI are missing growth potential in not offering reciprocity for Minnesota. NDSU enrollment is approaching around 30% from the Twin Cities area and this probably won't hurt.

FARGO -- North Dakota State will be returning to Minneapolis to play a football game, only this time it won't be the University of Minnesota. The Bison and Butler University will face each other at Target Field on Aug. 31, 2019.

Comment

Working...
                                X