WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2018 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official 2018 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Originally posted by otter View Post
    Sorry, thank you. The way it hits on my phone makes it look like there is a whole category of Committed to Iowa with AJ being listed underneath.
    I saw and thought the same thing. It really disappointed me.

Comment

Neither Kalscheur or Oturo are mentioned in the first post of this thread. For those in the know, can you give us some background on these potential players? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Panther AC View Post
        Neither Kalscheur or Oturo are mentioned in the first post of this thread. For those in the know, can you give us some background on these potential players? Thanks!
        I edit the first post as offers are added. I'll get around to it soon

Comment

Oturo is an absolute freak that is going to blow up and play at a high major. Crazy athletic 6-8 wing. He's more polished than Markis McDuffie was at the same point.

Nothing hurt with the offer as its an AAU club (Howard Pulley) that we've had a relationship with over the years. The hope is he jumps at the offer and he commits early. I don't see it happening.
          #MACtion

Comment

Here is the background I could find on Oturu. It does appear UNI is the first team to offer him.

Per Ryan James Twitter (Rivals Writer in Minnesota) he averaged 17 pts and 14.5 rebounds per game. Also says in a later tweet he meet with Minnesota recently as well. Plays for the Howard Pulley 17U AAU which I believe is the same team as '17 target Brad Davison and Cretin-Derham Hall for High School.

Also found a Nike EYBL profile that now lists him at 6'10'' 215

SportsEngine HQ supports the admins, coaches, and volunteers who make play happen with a full roster of tools designed to save time and grow participation—on one complete platform.

Also found this video that may be from last summer.

http://www.myrecruitez.com Daniel Oturu is a very raw player with a huge upside! Imagine this player twenty pounds heavier with a good handle and bounce. Tha...

Comment

Found an article with a Q&A with Gabe Kalscheur also. He is at powerhouse DeLaSalle High Schools and also seems to play with Howard Pulley AAU this year. He is a 6'3/6'4ish SG. Seems like Minnesota/Wisconsin and Iowa State are all showing interest already at this point also.

Comment

Interview from last week with Oturu. Sounds like a great player, might already be out of our reach based on a couple questions. Never know though.

What schools have expressed interests?
                University of Minnesota, Iowa, Texas, Michigan State, and Providence so far.

Would it mean a lot for you to stay home?
                It means a lot to me and my family to stay home and play for the University of Minnesota.

Daniel Oturu showed out at the Howard Pulley Invitational. He spoke on his game and what he wants in the college experience.
                To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

UNI has offered MN Forward, Race Thompson.

Comment

It apppears the coaching staff is working hard in Minnesota for the 2018 class. Here are a few names we are showing interest in that are new to me and a few we already had heard.

Brevyn Spann-Ford (St. Cloud Tech/MN Comets)

JaVonni Bickham (WI United / Minnehaha Academy

Shae Mitchell F (Lakeville South/D1 MN)

Sounds like we are recruiting Joey Hauser (Wisconsin kid but Iowa AAU) but I believe most recruiting services have him as a 5* at this point and he has a good offer list already and adding more weekly.

Looks like we haven't give up on Oturo yet but this is some stiff competition.

Gabe Kalscheur (UNI offer) was also offered by the Gophers.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIAlum2010 View Post
                      Sounds like we are recruiting Joey Hauser (Wisconsin kid but Iowa AAU) but I believe most recruiting services have him as a 5* at this point and he has a good offer list already and adding more weekly.

Recruiting karma owes us a Green/Hauser class........

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
                        Recruiting karma owes us a Green/Hauser class........
                        If that happens, we will play in a Final Four.
                        #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                          If that happens, we will play in a Final Four.
                          Haha Yea.

(I wasn't trying to suggest there was a chance of that happening)

Comment

Officially offered Hauser...

2018 Stevens Point (WI) F Joey Hauser has received an offer from Northern Iowa. (HT @Phenom_Hoops) @jjhouz24 https://t.co/UgczVGGhiL
                            To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

.@WisconsinPGC 2018 SF Keshawn Justice received an offer from Northern Iowa. https://t.co/N6q8cbKFWc @ny2lasports

Comment

Looks like Hauser and Green are connected some way.
                                The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Working...
                                X