WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News: Cyclones AD angry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: News: Cyclones AD angry

I was at the very first (modern era) UNI/ISU game. As far as I'm concerned they can never get screwed enough by the refs to make up for that theft.
    GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
      Everybody deserves a fair shot, but we all know it doesn't work that way.
      Especially when you throw a public temper tantrum.
      Originally posted by TH1974
      This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
        Especially when you throw a public temper tantrum.
        You honestly think that was a "temper tantrum"? Give me a break.

Comment

Sorry but you tend to get less favorable judgement when your program has a reputation of constantly whining. You know, the whole boy who cried wolf thing... we all know Rhoads and Pollard have about as much emotional constraint as a 3 year old child.
          This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
            Sorry but you tend to get less favorable judgement when your program has a reputation of constantly whining. You know, the whole boy who cried wolf thing... we all know Rhoads and Pollard have about as much emotional constraint as a 3 year old child.
            I don't know what you are talking about?

[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
              I was at the very first (modern era) UNI/ISU game. As far as I'm concerned they can never get screwed enough by the refs to make up for that theft.
              You couldn't be more correct. Never saw anything like that before or since.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIDebo View Post
                I don't know what you are talking about?
                I think only you can answer that question.

Comment

hey POLLACK wanna schedule NDSU again? hahahaha.
                  UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

Comment

[QUOTE=UNIChippewa;388815]
                    Iowa State's dine nothing in their athletic history to earn the benefit of the doubt.

They're just damn lucky that Texas decided to keep them around.[/QUOTE

So only historically strong athletic programs deserve the benefit of the doubt in your opinion?
                    That's kind of the whole gist of Pollard's argument. Apparently it does exist with people because we're seeing it here on the board of an FCS school. Anyone who thinks a school doesn't get close calls because they're a "name" or more highly thought of is kidding themselves. Pollard was just honest/crazy enough to say it out loud.
                    Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                    Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                    - George Halas

Comment

Replacing Walt Coleman as director of football officials.

Coleman has two degrees from Texas and was a booster until he got the job.
                      Pollard says in the video the ISU lone vote was in favor of adding an extra referee in Big 12 games, not about replacing a Texas grad as supervisor of officials.

Comment

Originally posted by lakesbison View Post
                        hey POLLACK wanna schedule NDSU again? hahahaha.

After that performance in Macomb, the Bizon don't seem quite as fierce.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther AC View Post
                          Pollard says in the video the ISU lone vote was in favor of adding an extra referee in Big 12 games, not about replacing a Texas grad as supervisor of officials.
                          That makes no sense. The Big XII was the first conference to experiment with adding the 8th official last year, and now all conferences are doing it this year (the center judge behind the offense, opposite side of the QB from the referee).

Did they want a 9th official? Unless he's suspending by wires above the field, I don't know where you would put him.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther AC View Post
                            Why would that vote lead to a backlash from the conference leadership and officials? I don't see the plausible conspiracy.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIpanther99 View Post
                              That makes no sense. The Big XII was the first conference to experiment with adding the 8th official last year, and now all conferences are doing it this year (the center judge behind the offense, opposite side of the QB from the referee).

Did they want a 9th official? Unless he's suspending by wires above the field, I don't know where you would put him.
                              It makes no sense because you have it incorrect. Iowa State was the lone vote against adding the eighth official. I think their vote was perceived (perhaps from comments made before the vote) that the way the Big XII officials ran things, that adding another official would not help.

Comment

Originally posted by Luther_Heggs View Post
                                It makes no sense because you have it incorrect. Iowa State was the lone vote against adding the eighth official. I think their vote was perceived (perhaps from comments made before the vote) that the way the Big XII officials ran things, that adding another official would not help.
                                Then it's misleading by Pollard, CPR or anyone else to say that simply voting against an 8th official has caused backlash. Sounds like they were calling into question the integrity of the league and the officiating by casting that vote. And if that is truly the case I can see why there might be some hard feelings over that.

Comment

Working...
                                X