WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2017 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official 2017 Panther Basketball Recruit List

I believe your thinking of De La Soul

Comment

Me, Myself, and I
      Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
      Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
      - George Halas

Comment

Offer to Austin Phyfe, Waverly-Shell Rock

Son of 1990 NCAA Tourney team captain Steve Phyfe

Comment

Played against steve in YMCA league Also reffed him too. Great guy. I'm sure his son is just as great

Comment

Austin's sister is on the swim & dive team for UNI. I'd say there's a good shot that we get this kid.

Comment

Steve was a good player, and good guy. He was a good athlete, and had some serious "hops". Overall, a very good compliment to Reese down low. If his son has some of the same traits, then he'll more of a Buss like player than Jason Reese, Gruber, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
                Steve was a good player, and good guy. He was a good athlete, and had some serious "hops". Overall, a very good compliment to Reese down low. If his son has some of the same traits, then he'll more of a Buss like player than Jason Reese, Gruber, etc.

But he's from "small town Iowa". So, obviously, he is terrible.
                UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Austin is a big kid, not just tall, but big bodied, in all honesty he will probably get some looks for football as well.

Comment

Max Preps lists him as 6'6", Barnstormers at 6'8", another cite had him 6'9". From the twitter pic, it looks like he's got at least 4-5 inches on Coach Jake as a HS Sophomore. Which puts him in that 6'6" -6'7" range. Dad was/is 6'9"-6'10"

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                      But he's from "small town Iowa". So, obviously, he is terrible.
                      He wasn't a 6'2 guard, and was a pretty athletic player. My issue is mostly with 6 footish small town guards who dominate their small town competition and then get to the MVC level and are by and large overmatched. You'll note I haven't said a whole lot of negatives towards guys like Grant Stout.

Nothing wrong with small school players, as long as they have MVC level ability and bring some value add.

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
                        Austin is a big kid, not just tall, but big bodied, in all honesty he will probably get some looks for football as well.
                        I would have said that as well watching him last year, but he looks thinner now, in the picture with Jake. Quite different from how I remember him at the state tournament last year.
                        "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

Sources say that UNI has offered Brad Davidson. A 6-2 G from Maple Grove, MN.

Here's his VC page.
                          http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/brad-davison

Comment

Originally posted by Moose39 View Post
                            Sources say that UNI has offered Brad Davidson. A 6-2 G from Maple Grove, MN.

Here's his VC page.
                            http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/brad-davison
                            Brother of Steph and Angie Davison, WBB @ UNI. Athletic family...

Comment

No big changes here. Just updated the list for everyone.

Comment

Evan Flood ‏@Evan_Flood 20 hours ago

.@WisconsinSwing 2017 F Chris Knight has an offer from Milwaukee. Northern Iowa, Lehigh, and Green Bay interested.

Knight plays with '16 recruit McCloud on the Wisconsin Swing.
                                To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Working...
                                X