WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iowa game Tailgating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iowa game Tailgating

clenz - I'm confused. Are you talking about just football and men's basketball season tickets? My VB and WBB season tix were printed in the tix office and handed to me while I was there.

Comment

Any tickets that have pictures on then are not done in house.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Paciolan offers world-class service and integrated ticketing, fundraising, marketing, and data analytics technology solutions.

That's the company that is in charge of Iowa ticket events.
        The only tickets that are printed at the ticket office are the single game tickets.

My point still stands about the Iowa ticketing office. They're not the brightest people.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaTailgate View Post
          http://paciolan.com/
          My point still stands about the Iowa ticketing office. They're not the brightest people.
          They must get together with UNItix for a few drinks and discuss game plan.
          Raised a Hawkeye, Panther by choice.

Comment

Is there a place to park and tailgate that has the least amount of risk for excessive hassle from drunken Iowa fans? I'm new to Kinnick Stadium, but have heard horror stories from people. What have you done to stay safe and minimally harassed?

Comment

Kinnick isn't bad. I've never encountered more than good natured ribbing.

Avoid the south (student) entrance and you'll be fine.

My tailgating recommendation is to pull onto a aside street near the stadium and park in a yard. Can usually do it for $30-$40. Good time, less crowded.
              #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                Kinnick isn't bad. I've never encountered more than good natured ribbing.

My tailgating recommendation is to pull onto a aside street near the stadium and park in a yard. Can usually do it for $30-$40. Good time, less crowded.
                Agree 100%. I've never had a problem with Hawkeye fans. A little back and forth ribbing is part of the experience as far as I'm concerned and yes the students get into it on a little higher level but I just chalk it up to youthful exuberance. Parking in a lawn near Kinnick is always a better idea. Easier in and out and a lot less noise and confusion. I have a friend who lives near Kinnick on George Drive and he claims he makes between $3000 to $3500 every year on game day parking.
                "They keep saying that what really matters is not whether you win or lose, but how you played the game. The trouble is that the best way to determine how you played the game is by whether you won or lost." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdadtobe View Post
                  Is there a place to park and tailgate that has the least amount of risk for excessive hassle from drunken Iowa fans? I'm new to Kinnick Stadium, but have heard horror stories from people. What have you done to stay safe and minimally harassed?
                  the only group that would be annoying are clueless Chicago students. They don't wake up until 1030.

95% of Iowa fans love this game (its far more attractive than a low level bcs school) and will be cheering for uni the rest of the season.

beat Wisconsin and uni fans may not have to buy beer all weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdadtobe View Post
                    also its hard to go wrong with the finkbine driving range. 15 minute walk to Kinnick, but you can enjoy the neighborhood and festivities. it's very easy to get in and out, relatively speaking. The whole area is a traffic disaster as expected when you have a landlocked stadium next to a huge hospital in the middle of a residential neighborhood. it's part of what makes Iowa City so unique though.

Comment

I avoid no entrance. Bring It!

Comment

Someone gave me their season ticket spots for the last game at Kinnick and the fans I sat by were cool. There was one obnoxious fan about 10 rows back but he was yelling at the players, not fans. I sat next to a guy who had brought his little boy for his very first Hawkeye game and that was pretty cute. Everyone around me was very complimentary after the game and most said they hoped we did well and won a national championship.

And now that I've depressed myself by being reminded of the high hopes after almost beating Iowa being dashed by sucking for the rest of the season....
                        EVER LOYAL.

Comment

As with every road game, 99% of the 'home team' fans are great. But it's always the other 1% that you remember.
                          You'll hear the occasional "UNI Sucks" and maybe a few swear words added to it. But nothing more than that. Go and enjoy yourself.

As for parking, this is what I have learned over the years.
                          A lot of the younger crowd(students) will stick with house parties. Majority of the visiting fans stick with the cash-only lots. It's $20 this year and they open at 6 a.m. on Saturday.

However, the 'really high' priority lots are usually occupied by the older crowd. (probably because they can afford it. $5,000 a year in donation required just to park next to Kinnick).

You'll be able to find parking passes on eBay or Craigslist. The "higher priority lot" you park in, the more likely you'll be surrounded by older/nicer people.
                          That's not to say you're going to get abused in the cash-only lot. Definitely definitely not implying that. I park in the cash-only lot myself the majority of the time and I have never seen anything 'mean' or awful.

Comment

Wearing UNI gear you'll likely be "fine"

Walk around Iowa City in Michigan gear on game day....be prepared for a ****storm.

Comment

Like walking around CF on gameday with SIU and/or NDSU gear on?

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
                                Like walking around CF on gameday with SIU and/or NDSU gear on?
                                I wasn't offered a beer, like I did with the SIU/NDSU fans I've met....

I get get a couple beers thrown to me though....so that was nice of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X