WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting article out of Ames today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting article out of Ames today

Pretty one-sided but enough to fire up some locals one would assume.

Re: Interesting article out of Ames today

Get your popcorn ready. The meltdown is coming...
    #MACtion

Comment

Comment

kind of curious about the specifics with that Diamond Head hotel situation that the article featured a couple times.

They say the team had to camp out for "hours" in the hotel ballroom b/c ISU didn't want to pay for an extra night of rooms.

If it was something like 2 hours, frankly, I don't see why it would be that big of a deal. It's not worth spending thousands of dollars to get hotel rooms that you're only going to be using for a couple hours.

Now if it was something like 10 hours, that's a bit different.

Comment

LOL at all of that, I don't know where to begin mocking that piece.

Looks and reads like a vindictive and petty smear campaign. Both sides of this should be utterly embarrassed.
          UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
          iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
            kind of curious about the specifics with that Diamond Head hotel situation that the article featured a couple times.

They say the team had to camp out for "hours" in the hotel ballroom b/c ISU didn't want to pay for an extra night of rooms.

If it was something like 2 hours, frankly, I don't see why it would be that big of a deal. It's not worth spending thousands of dollars to get hotel rooms that you're only going to be using for a couple hours.

Thats whats funny about it. If they took regular commercial flights off the island, which seems likely, those flights typically leave from Hawaii at 10 or 11 PM. Which means a travel party of 50 people or whatever they had would have to be at the airport by, what, 8 o clock?

lol, those poor souls were without a hotel room for like 3 or 4 hours. If they cant find a place to relax in Honolulu for a few hrs other than a freaking hotel room, those people are more than welcome to go purchase a $500 room for 4 hours on their own dime.
            UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
            iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
              LOL at all of that, I don't know where to begin mocking that piece.

Looks and reads like a vindictive and petty smear campaign. Both sides of this should be utterly embarrassed.
              I think its the beginning of getting Pollard out of there by enough influential donors. There have always been rumors that Leath has wanted his own guy, and this story plus the decisions that are going to have to be made after they go 2-10 in football again, give Leath the out.

My guess is Leath demands that Pollard fire Rhodes, Pollard refuses because he and CPR are drinking buddies, and Leath fires them both.
              #MACtion

Comment

Maybe with COA the next time they could pool their money and extend the rooms.😀

Comment

Yeah, the hotel part is being overblown. I'm assuming the team checked out of their hotel at 10 or 11am and then just had to wait a few hours for their flight.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                    I think its the beginning of getting Pollard out of there by enough influential donors. There have always been rumors that Leath has wanted his own guy, and this story plus the decisions that are going to have to be made after they go 2-10 in football again, give Leath the out.

My guess is Leath demands that Pollard fire Rhodes, Pollard refuses because he and CPR are drinking buddies, and Leath fires them both.
                    This is what I'm thinking too.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post

Agreed, neither here nor there. I would think Paul Rhoades days are numbered. ISU would need at least three Big 12 wins to save him.

Comment

Pollard just said check out was at noon and the flight was at 6pm.
                        They saved $25,000 for not checking back into their rooms for 3 hours.
                        That portion of the article was way overblown.

Comment

Pollard is on KXNO right now and he sounds very defensive. Most people would be in this situation but he sounds all excited about it and shouldn't be acting this way. There seems to be some truth to this since he has multiple sources for the article. Some of the points are overblown but when you have multiple situations like he has in the article, it sounds like they were nickel and diming a little and to the benefit of the administration.

They just said Hoiberg is coming on later.

Comment

Hoiberg took JP's side.
                            Travis Hines has major egg on his face.
                            I wonder if those unnamed sources in that article were from sour assistants? (Matt A and Cornell Mann)

Comment

Originally posted by cydave View Post
                              Pollard just said check out was at noon and the flight was at 6pm.
                              They saved $25,000 for not checking back into their rooms for 3 hours.
                              That portion of the article was way overblown.
                              $25,000 for 14 rooms and a suite? Bush league...

Comment

Working...
                              X